Follow us:

VAT compliance and returns

from £160 quarterly

If your taxable sales exceed the current threshold of £85,000 you may have to register for VAT.

Or, maybe your input tax is higher than your output tax and you want to claim the difference. As of 2019, VAT submissions must be made through HMRC approved accounting software.

I can help you choose the VAT scheme that is most suitable to your business and will also calculate and submit your VAT return to HMRC in time.


If you don’t know where to start, then I can help. Why not let me take care of your bookkeeping too and streamline the whole process?

Do I need to register for VAT ?

The general rule of thumb is that you need to register for VAT if your taxable turnover is £85,000 or more in any 12 month rolling period. You can apply for an exemption from registering for VAT if you believe that your taxable turnover will only briefly exceed the threshold i.e. you are expecting a large order next month that will take you over the threshold for VAT, but you fully believe that sales will drop in the following month.

To calculate your VAT taxable turnover, you need to add together the total value of UK sales that are not  VAT exempt, including:

I’d love to chat with you about how I can support you and your business.

Our partners


If you would like to receive my bi-weekly newsletter containing useful information to help you with your accounts, tips about saving on taxes, or relevant HMRC news deciphered in lay terms, please sign up.

Your e-mail will not be disclosed to sold parties and will only be used to send you my newsletter.